Joanna DiSalvo, FNP-C is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner who has devoted her nursing career to the specialized field of dermatology. She has been working at Westwood Dermatology since 2005.
Nurse Practitioners are healthcare professionals licensed to practice medicine both independently and in collaboration with physicians. They are Registered Nurses first, and often come to their advanced practice roles with extensive patient care experience.
Be assured that your care will be a collaborative effort that is supervised by Dr. Nychay who believes that Joanna’s presence adds depth that will provide greater accessibility, and prompt care, thus enhancing your patient experience.
- Surgical removal of precancerous, cancerous, and subcutaneous growths of the skin
- Patch Testing for Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Injectable fillers
- RF Microneedling
- Laser for red and brown spots
- Laser hair removal
- PRP therapy for hair loss and facial rejuvenation
- Master of Science in Nursing, MSN from Fairleigh Dickinson Universtiy
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, BSN from the University of Texas at Arlington
- Member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member of the National Academy of Dermatology Nurse Practitioners
- Member of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association NP Society
- Member of the American Contact Dermatitis Society